Daily News

New council creates common ground for metal erectors across U.S.

NCI Building Systems recently held the second annual National Erectors Advisory Council meeting in Dallas bringing together erectors from nearly 20 different companies with the goal to compare best practices and brainstorm ideas to improve the installation process industry wide.

Attendees at the inaugural NEAC meeting created a “Top 10” list, identifying the issues mutually deemed to be most critical to increasing productivity and streamlining processes. During the following 12 months, 90 percent of that list was enacted; the remaining 10 percent is currently in progress. The improvements brought about as a result of this first meeting covered a broad range, including improved alignment of building description legends with key plans, increased functionality of job-specific trim drawing sheets and the enhancement of alternate flange brace attachments to accommodate cavity fill insulation systems.