The awards recognize cutting-edge designs that help solve aesthetic, civic, urban and social problems while also being functional and sustainable. Recipients can include healthcare building design, healthcare planning and healthcare design-oriented research. This year’s projects were awarded by a seven-person jury in the following categories.
Built: Less than $25 million (construction cost).
- Hampton County Health Clinic, Varnville, S.C. | Liollio Architecture
- Mountain Park Health Center Tempe, Tempe, Ariz. | SMITHGROUP
- Mount Sinai Kyabirwa Ambulatory Surgical Facility, Kyabirwa, Jinja, Uganda | Kliment Halsband Architects
- Shirley Ryan AbilityLab, Chicago | HDR | Gensler in association with Clive Wilkinson Architects
- Warren Clinic, Tulsa, Okla. | CallisonRTKL
Built: More than $25 million (construction cost).
- Duke Student Wellness Center, Durham, N.C. | Duda|Paine Architects
- MSK Nassau, Uniondale, N.Y. | EwingCole
Master planning urban design for healthcare settings.
- Saving Main Street: Haxtun Hospital District, Haxton, Colo. | HDR
Visit AIA’s website for more information on the AIA/AAH Healthcare Design Awards.