The American Institute of Architects (AIA) is recognizing eight projects with its 2023 Interior Architecture Awards.
The 2023 Interior Architecture program celebrates the most innovative interior spaces. The five-member jury evaluates entries based on design achievement, including sense of place and purpose, community access, ecology and environmental sustainability, and history. This year’s recipients are:
- 800 Fulton Market, Chicago | Skidmore, Owings & Merrill
- Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library, Washington | OTJ Architects and Mecanoo
- Mount Auburn Cemetery Bigelow Chapel and New Crematory, Cambridge, Mass. | William Rawn Associates, Inc.
- River Ranch, Blanco, Texas | Jobe Corral Architects
- Student Success District, University of Arizona, Tucson, Ariz. | The Miller Hull Partnership, LLP. and Poster Mirto McDonald
- Three Gables, Napa, Calif.| Aidlin Darling Design
- Washington, DC Southwest Public Library, Washington | Perkins & Will
- Willis Tower Repositioning, Chicago | Gensler, SkB Architects, OLIN
Visit AIA’s website for more information on the Interior Architecture Awards.