The American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) will honor 12 leaders across the structural steel design, construction, and academic communities with prestigious awards for their achievements and contributions.
AISC awards recognize individuals who have made a significant difference in the success of the fabricated structural steel industry. Whether it’s for an innovative design, an insightful technical paper, or a lifetime of outstanding service, an AISC award bestows prestige and well-deserved recognition upon its recipient.
The Lifetime Achievement Award honors individuals whose continued outstanding service has made a difference in the success of AISC, the structural steel industry, and the structural steel design, construction, and academic communities. This year’s Lifetime Achievement Award winners are:
- Dennis Noernberg, Consultant, W&W | AFCO Steel
- Jerome F. Hajjar, PE, Ph.D., Professor, Northeastern University
- John D. Hooper, SE, PE, F. SEI, F. ASCE, Senior Principal and Director of Earthquake Engineering, Magnusson Klemencic Associates
- Jeffrey A. Packer, PEng, DSc, Ph.D., Professor, University of Toronto
- Rafael Sabelli, SE, Director of Seismic Design, Walter P Moore
The Special Achievement Award recognizes individuals who have demonstrated notable achievements in structural steel design, construction, research, or education. It honors those who have made a positive and substantial impact on the structural steel design and construction industry. This year’s award recipients are:
- Jamie F. Farris, PE, Bridge Division Deputy Director, Texas Department of Transportation
- Gary W. Wisch, PE, Vice President, Engineering, DeLong’s, Inc.
- Scot Becker, PE, Deputy Administrator for Regions of DTSD, WisDOT
- Dale Ison, Executive Vice President of Advanced Technical Services, Tampa Tank Inc./Florida Structural Steel
The Terry Peshia Early Career Faculty Award provides recognition to faculty who demonstrate promise in the areas of structural steel research, teaching, and other contributions to the structural steel industry. This year’s recipients are:
- Mark D. Denavit, PE, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Erica Fischer, PE, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Oregon State University
- Kara D. Peterman, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, University of Massachusetts Amherst
To learn more about AISC’s award programs, visit aisc.org/awards