The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI), the premier organization independently recognizing excellence in green business industry performance and practice globally, has announced the 2022 class of LEED Fellows. Twenty professionals from around the world are being recognized for their mastery of LEED, the world’s most widely used green building rating system, and exceptional work in advancing green building practices.
“Behind every green building project are dedicated professionals who are committed to creating more sustainable and healthy buildings and communities. The LEED Fellows program is aimed and recognizing those individuals and their achievements in the built environment,” said Peter Templeton, interim president & CEO, USGBC and GBCI. “This year’s class of LEED Fellows represents a group of bold and innovative leaders who have made a lasting, positive impact on their communities through their impressive career achievements.”
LEED Fellows are nominated by their peers and must demonstrate at least 10 years’ worth of exceptional impact with LEED. Nominees undergo an extensive review of their portfolios by an Evaluation Committee. The committee then presents its recommended slate to the GBCI Board of Directors for approval. LEED Fellow designation is the highest recognition achievable for a LEED professional in the green building industry, recognizing outstanding accomplishments and marking a career high point.
Please join us in congratulating the 2022 Class of LEED Fellows:
- John Ambert, DPR Construction
- Diego Bello, Green Loop LLC
- Myrrh Caplan, Skanska
- Carlotta Cocco, R2M Solution
- Andrea Fornasiero, Manens-Tifs SpA
- Bonita Tice Gray, Method Architecture
- James Hambright, Fluor Enterprises
- Walter Kanzler, University of California, San Diego
- Guillaume Martel, Provencher_Roy Architectes inc.
- Camila Faccioni Mendes Nagay, Athie Wohnrath
- Pia Ohrling, Piacon
- Cesar Ruiz, Setri Sustentabilidad SAS
- S. Cady Seabaugh, McCormack Baron Salazar Inc.
- Benjamin Shepherd, Atelier Ten
- Brittany Storm, MAPEI Corp.
- Jose Ramon Tagle, The Beck Group
- Alvin Tejada, APTCS Group
- Natalie Terrill, The Beck Group
- Francine Vaz, Seed Solution
- Cemil Yaman, ERKE Sustainable Building Design Consultancy
The 2022 LEED Fellows will be recognized Tuesday, Nov. 1 during the annual Greenbuild International Conference & Expo. The LEED Fellow program was established in 2011 to recognize outstanding LEED APs who have demonstrated exceptional impacts with LEED in key mastery elements related to technical knowledge and skill; a history of exemplary leadership in LEED; significant contributions in teaching, mentoring, or research with proven outcomes; and a history of highly impactful commitment, service, and advocacy for LEED. Nominees must hold an active LEED AP with specialty credentials, among other requirements.